This 60-minute online module will give family support professionals information they can use to support families and caregivers to reduce the risk for child maltreatment. Participants will learn legal definitions, risk factors for and consequences of child abuse and neglect. They’ll learn how to promote protective factors, and educate families about managing behavior through positive discipline techniques.
- Be able to discuss general knowledge about Federal legislation and definitions related to child abuse and neglect.
- Identify parent/caregiver and child risk factors for child maltreatment.
- Identify potential consequences of maltreatment.
- Identify one strategy for supporting families in developing each of the six protective factors.
- Be able to describe effective behavior management techniques for children of all ages.