This module gives an overview of typical child development for children ages three through five. With this knowledge, you will have the tools and information you need to talk with parents about typical and atypical development, educate parents about how they can support their child’s development, and learn skills for talking with parents about the need for early identification of delays and disabilities.
- Describe the developmental domains
- Describe developmental milestones for children ages 3 through 6
- List ways you can help parents support their child’s development
- Explain the importance of early identification of developmental delays and disabilities
- Identify signs that indicate a need for screening or referral