This module provides an overview of best practices in protecting client confidentiality. It discusses professional, ethical and interpersonal considerations in confidentiality in home visiting.
- Make decisions about how to maintain confidentiality
- Talk with families about the family’s rights and the home visitor’s responsibility to maintain confidentiality
- Think about confidentiality issues within the framework of the home visitor – client relationship
- Understand how confidentiality laws apply to home visiting
- Name the main points of the three laws