This module discusses the primary laws governing confidentiality in Virginia. It provides guidelines on protected information and appropriate disclosures.
- Make decisions about how to maintain confidentiality
- Talk with families about the family’s rights and the home visitor’s responsibility to maintain confidentiality
- Think about confidentiality issues within the framework of the home visitor – client relationship
- Understand how confidentiality laws apply to home visiting
- Name the main points of the three laws
Format: Online Time: 25 minutes