Growing Healthy Children is a series of three 30-minute online modules about nutrition and physical activity needs across the lifespan. The modules explores the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s five strategies for growing healthy children and preventing obesity, breastfeeding, nutrition, physical activity, limiting screen time, and eliminating sugary drinks. Home visitors will learn important information about each of the strategies as well as parent education techniques for sharing this important information with families. Part One focuses on the prenatal period and breastfeeding mothers.
- Identify and describe the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s five strategies for growing healthy children and preventing obesity.
- Describe the nutritional requirements of pregnant mothers, breastfeeding mothers, infants, toddlers, and young children.
- List types and amounts of healthy activity for adults and for children of different ages.
- Discuss guidelines for limiting screen time for children.
- Describe parent education and support techniques related to growing healthy children.