This 45-minute online module provides information about potential health concerns in the home, including physical risks, both indoors and outdoors. It guides family support professionals in how to assist families in completing a home health and safety plan and in identifying community resources through appropriate referrals to any outside agencies.
- Describe common household hazards and remedies
- Use a safety checklist
- Demonstrate ability to educate families on developing a fire safety plan
- List important elements of emergency preparedness and describe how to educate families
- Describe seven components of a healthy home
- List action items that FSPs can share with families to promote safe and healthy homes