This module provides home visitors with accurate information about male and female anatomy, conception, pregnancy planning and prevention, perinatal health, and sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention. It equips home visitors with information and strategies to talk with clients and educate them about their reproductive health. During the module, home visitors can access photos and diagrams about male and female anatomy, the stages of fetal growth, and the birth process.
- Discuss sensitive topics in reproductive health
- Describe maternal and fetal health before and during pregnancy
- Describe how to educate clients about prevention and treatment of STIs
- List and describe available birth control methods
- Explain the importance of a Reproductive Life Plan for individuals and couples
- Recognize and address situations of reproductive coercion or other sexual abuse