This module introduces home visitors to screening clients for substance use, intimate partner violence and mental health issues. It provides a statistical overview of the prevalence of these concerns and gives information about the impact they have on health and well-being in the home. The module also demonstrates best practices for screening, including frequency, different tools available, and techniques for creating a comfortable and successful screening environment.
- List reasons why home visitors should screen all mothers
- Describe the difference between screening and assessment
- Develop and improve screening, intervention, and referral skills
- Explain the importance of screening for multiple risks
- Explain why a mother may not acknowledge issues
- Describe best practices for screening
- Understand how to create and maintain a respectful environment